Press coverage about Southern Company Gas (NYSE:GAS) has been trending somewhat positive on Sunday, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research group scores the sentiment of press coverage by analyzing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Southern Company Gas earned a news impact score of 0.19 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned news coverage about the utilities provider an impact score of 45.088835791268 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the immediate future.
Here are some of the news articles that may have effected Accern Sentiment Analysis’s analysis:
- Company participates in annual volunteer day in Bridgeport, New Haven (ctpost.com)
- Costa Mesa construction site, restaurant evacuated due to gas leak (ocregister.com)
- Regulators recommend that the state reject a Ventura County natural gas plant (latimes.com)
- 14 signs you’re dating a Southern Californian girl (matadornetwork.com)
- Airbus Helicopters and Southern Vietnam Helicopter Corporation celebrate 30 years of collaboration (airbus.com)
Southern Company Gas (GAS) traded down 0.03% during trading on Friday, reaching $65.97. 8,500,560 shares of the company were exchanged. The firm’s 50 day moving average is $65.79 and its 200 day moving average is $64.88. Southern Company Gas has a 52-week low of $46.85 and a 52-week high of $66.49.
Southern Company Gas Company Profile
Southern Company Gas, formerly AGL Resources Inc, is a natural gas-only distribution company. The Company operates in four operating segments: distribution operations, retail operations, wholesale services and midstream operations. The Company’s distribution operations segment is engaged in providing natural gas to residential, commercial and industrial customers.
Receive News & Ratings for Southern Company Gas Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Southern Company Gas and related companies with our FREE daily email newsletter.