News articles about Bill Barrett (NYSE:BBG) have trended somewhat positive recently, according to Accern Sentiment. Accern identifies negative and positive media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Bill Barrett earned a coverage optimism score of 0.12 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave press coverage about the energy company an impact score of 46.889000034214 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock’s share price in the immediate future.
These are some of the news stories that may have effected Accern Sentiment’s analysis:
- Bill Barrett Corporation Announces Record Date and Meeting Date for Special Meeting Regarding Proposed Strategic … – Markets Insider (markets.businessinsider.com)
- Bill Barrett Corporation Announces Record Date and Meeting Date for Special Meeting Regarding Proposed Strategic Combination with Fifth Creek Energy (finance.yahoo.com)
- After Signal committee disbands, UnifiEd offers to mediate future school breakaway talks (timesfreepress.com)
- $82.21 Million in Sales Expected for Bill Barrett Co. (BBG) This Quarter (americanbankingnews.com)
- Analysts Issue Forecasts for Bill Barrett Co.’s Q1 2018 Earnings (BBG) (americanbankingnews.com)
Shares of Bill Barrett (BBG) opened at $5.36 on Friday. The firm has a market cap of $533.31, a PE ratio of -3.35 and a beta of 3.65. Bill Barrett has a 1 year low of $2.66 and a 1 year high of $6.93. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.30, a current ratio of 2.78 and a quick ratio of 2.78.
In other news, CEO R Scot Woodall sold 10,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, December 15th. The shares were sold at an average price of $4.64, for a total transaction of $46,400.00. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available through the SEC website. Company insiders own 2.70% of the company’s stock.
Bill Barrett Company Profile
Bill Barrett Corporation is an independent energy company that develops, acquires and explores for oil and natural gas resources. The Company’s assets and operations are located in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States. It has over two areas of production: The Denver-Julesburg Basin (DJ Basin) and the Uinta Oil Program in the Uinta Basin.
Receive News & Ratings for Bill Barrett Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Bill Barrett and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.