Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded up 17.1% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 0:00 AM ET on May 4th. In the last week, Litecoin has traded up 27.6% against the dollar. One Litecoin coin can now be bought for $328.67 or 0.00598592 BTC on exchanges. Litecoin has a market capitalization of $21.94 billion and approximately $13.35 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 53.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.66 or 0.00001199 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.52 or 0.00004598 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded up 3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0519 or 0.00000095 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 17.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.64 or 0.00001174 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded up 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00000348 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded 1.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.84 or 0.00007003 BTC.
- Lotto (LOTTO) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00000208 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 9.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00000635 BTC.
- XeniosCoin (XNC) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.37 or 0.00002489 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded down 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.44 or 0.00000807 BTC.
Litecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team. The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support. In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second. Blockchain data provided by: Blockchair (Main Source), CryptoID (Backup), and WhatToMine (Block Time only) “
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.