Komodo (CURRENCY:KMD) traded 36.9% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 11:00 AM ET on April 8th. Over the last seven days, Komodo has traded up 45.3% against the U.S. dollar. One Komodo coin can currently be bought for about $4.14 or 0.00007157 BTC on major exchanges. Komodo has a market cap of $518.37 million and $279.15 million worth of Komodo was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $179.63 or 0.00310590 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 8.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $106.18 or 0.00183582 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded 6.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $74.02 or 0.00127984 BTC.
- RedFOX Labs (RFOX) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.33 or 0.00000576 BTC.
- Pirate Chain (ARRR) traded 3.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.44 or 0.00000754 BTC.
- Flux (FLUX) traded up 35.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00000303 BTC.
- Alchemy Pay (ACH) traded up 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0157 or 0.00000027 BTC.
- Zel (ZEL) traded down 14% against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00000252 BTC.
- TENT (TENT) traded up 5.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00000281 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000001 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Komodo is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency that combines the anonymity of ZCash with the security of Bitcoin. Using a new consensus mechanism developed by the Komodo team, delayed Proof of Work, Komodo blocks can be notarized using the Bitcoin blockchain. KMD is issued through an Equihash-based PoW protocol, and the new block information is sent to pre-voted notary nodes. These nodes insert the Komodo block information on the BTC blockchain by creating a custom transaction. This system ensures that in order to “hack” komodo, one would have to rewrite both chains.Komodo uses Zero Knowledge Proofs to provide 100% anonymous transactions, that are now secured with Bitcoin's hash rate. “
Buying and Selling Komodo
It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Komodo directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Komodo should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Komodo using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Komodo Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Komodo and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.