Bitcoin Gold (CURRENCY:BTG) traded up 7.9% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 10:00 AM ET on April 8th. One Bitcoin Gold coin can currently be purchased for about $106.72 or 0.00184649 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. Bitcoin Gold has a market cap of $1.87 billion and approximately $245.59 million worth of Bitcoin Gold was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last week, Bitcoin Gold has traded up 162.3% against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $177.97 or 0.00307925 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded up 9.3% against the dollar and now trades at $74.34 or 0.00128626 BTC.
- Pirate Chain (ARRR) traded 0.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.43 or 0.00000743 BTC.
- Alchemy Pay (ACH) traded up 18.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0166 or 0.00000029 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded up 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 9.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.27 or 0.00000468 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded up 28.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.47 or 0.00000812 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00000358 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0292 or 0.00000051 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0064 or 0.00000011 BTC.
Bitcoin Gold Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “BTG is a cryptocurrency with Bitcoin fundamentals, mined on common GPUs instead of specialty ASICs. This type of equipment tend to monopolize mining to a few big players, but GPU mining means anyone can mine again – restoring decentralization and independence. GPU mining rewards go to individuals worldwide, instead of mostly to ASIC warehouse owners, recreating network effects that Bitcoin used to have. “
Bitcoin Gold Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin Gold directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Bitcoin Gold should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Bitcoin Gold using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Gold Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin Gold and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.