Headlines about Vale (NYSE:VALE) have been trending somewhat positive this week, Accern reports. Accern ranks the sentiment of news coverage by analyzing more than twenty million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Vale earned a media sentiment score of 0.09 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned news coverage about the basic materials company an impact score of 46.0475376509226 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company’s share price in the immediate future.
Here are some of the news articles that may have impacted Accern’s rankings:
- Notable Traders Recap: Vale SA, (NYSE: VALE), Weatherford International plc, (NYSE: WFT); – TNN (tradingnewsnow.com)
- Early Moves to Watch – Vale SA (NYSE: VALE) – Alpha Beta Stock (alphabetastock.com)
- Reuters: Brazil pension funds plan to sell Vale stakes – Seeking Alpha (seekingalpha.com)
- Form 6-K Vale SA For: Mar 21 – StreetInsider.com (streetinsider.com)
- Exclusive: Pension funds, BNDESPar plan to sell about three percent of Vale – sources – Reuters (reuters.com)
Vale stock opened at $12.99 on Thursday. Vale has a one year low of $7.47 and a one year high of $14.67. The stock has a market cap of $65,481.53, a price-to-earnings ratio of 9.30 and a beta of 1.55. The company has a quick ratio of 1.15, a current ratio of 1.45 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.46.
Vale SA is a global producer of iron ore and iron ore pellets, key raw materials for steelmaking, and producer of nickel. The Company also produces copper, metallurgical and thermal coal, potash, phosphates and other fertilizer nutrients, manganese ore, ferroalloys, platinum group metals, gold, silver and cobalt.
Receive News & Ratings for Vale Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Vale and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.