Tether (CURRENCY:USDT) traded down 0.2% against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on February 19th. Over the last seven days, Tether has traded 0.2% lower against the dollar. Tether has a total market capitalization of $2.22 billion and approximately $1.80 billion worth of Tether was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Tether token can currently be purchased for approximately $1.00 or 0.00011492 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Binance, Bibox, Gate.io and Huobi.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Ripple (XRP) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.75 or 0.00008612 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.27 or 0.00003147 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $77.70 or 0.00893753 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded down 7.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.21 or 0.00013861 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 4.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0334 or 0.00000385 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded up 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $4.14 or 0.00047676 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $9.51 or 0.00109353 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 11.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $16.78 or 0.00192971 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded 7.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded 1.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $782.57 or 0.09001630 BTC.
Tether Token Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. USDT and other Tether currencies were created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, to provide users with a stable alternative to Bitcoin and to provide an alternative for exchange and wallet audits which are currently unreliable. USDT provides an alternative to Proof of Solvency methods by introducing a Proof of Reserves Process. In the Tether Proof of Reserves system, the amount of USDT in circulations can be easily checked on the Bitcoin blockchain via the tools provided at Omnichest.info, while the corresponding total amount of USD held reserves is proved by publishing the bank balance and undergoing periodic audits by professionals. “
Tether Token Trading
Tether can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: EXX, Cryptopia, Gate.io, Coinbene, Liqui, Bibox, Exmo, Binance, HitBTC, Kucoin, Upbit, Bittrex, Bitfinex, Tidex, Coinut, OKEx, Kraken, Huobi, ZB.COM and Poloniex. It is not presently possible to purchase Tether directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Tether must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Tether using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Tether Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Tether and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.