Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded 4.7% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 10:00 AM ET on February 19th. In the last seven days, Siacoin has traded 18.5% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Siacoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $0.0132 or 0.00000152 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Poloniex, BITHOLIC, HitBTC and Upbit. Siacoin has a market cap of $438.18 million and approximately $4.24 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,767.81 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $659.30 or 0.07583690 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1,008.70 or 0.11602600 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 3.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $168.54 or 0.01938670 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 7.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $233.62 or 0.02687210 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 7.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $18.60 or 0.00213937 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 2.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $10.08 or 0.00115917 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $75.32 or 0.00866422 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 3.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $276.05 or 0.03175260 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Siacoin Coin Trading
Siacoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, Poloniex, HitBTC, Bisq, BITHOLIC, Upbit and Abucoins. It is not presently possible to buy Siacoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Siacoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Siacoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Siacoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.