Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded 12.4% lower against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 19:00 PM E.T. on February 20th. Peercoin has a total market capitalization of $46.84 million and approximately $539,713.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last seven days, Peercoin has traded 23.6% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Peercoin coin can now be purchased for $1.90 or 0.00022945 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including YoBit, LiteBit.eu, OpenLedger DEX and Livecoin.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 9.9% against the dollar and now trades at $8,320.61 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 10.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $956.72 or 0.11554100 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 11% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.21 or 0.00026712 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 12.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.17 or 0.00038315 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 7.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $76.99 or 0.00929838 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 6.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 13% against the dollar and now trades at $14.29 or 0.00172517 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 13.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.68 or 0.00020286 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 9.2% against the dollar and now trades at $143.23 or 0.01729730 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Buying and Selling Peercoin
Peercoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: The Rock Trading, Bittrex, BX Thailand, Cryptopia, YoBit, Bit-Z, Bleutrade, Tux Exchange, OpenLedger DEX, Coingi, WEX, Bittylicious, Poloniex, Livecoin, HitBTC, LiteBit.eu and SouthXchange. It is not possible to buy Peercoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Peercoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Peercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Peercoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.