Media headlines about National Grid (NYSE:NGG) have been trending positive recently, according to Accern. The research group identifies positive and negative media coverage by reviewing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. National Grid earned a news impact score of 0.26 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned media coverage about the utilities provider an impact score of 45.8673419012677 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock’s share price in the immediate future.
Here are some of the news headlines that may have impacted Accern Sentiment Analysis’s analysis:
- National Grid (NGG) Raised to Neutral at UBS Group (americanbankingnews.com)
- SMA200 – A Key Indicator For Long-Term Trend – National Grid plc (NYSE: NGG) – Stocks Pen (stockspen.com)
- National Grid plc (NGG) Stock price up move to its 20 SMA, receiving consideration form Day Traders – Analyst Recommendation (press release) (blog) (analystrecommendation.com)
- Investor’s Alert (P/E in Focus) – National Grid plc (NYSE: NGG) – Stocks Market Cap (stocksmarketcap.com)
- Jim Cramer Advises His Viewers On Microsoft, Energy Transfer Partners And More – Benzinga (benzinga.com)
National Grid (NYSE NGG) traded up $0.14 during trading hours on Wednesday, hitting $54.87. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 514,466 shares, compared to its average volume of 778,921. National Grid has a 12-month low of $51.44 and a 12-month high of $75.24. The company has a current ratio of 0.77, a quick ratio of 0.71 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.32.
National Grid Company Profile
National Grid plc is an electricity and gas utility company focused on transmission and distribution activities in electricity and gas in both the United Kingdom and the United States. The Company’s segments include UK Electricity Transmission, which is engaged in high voltage electricity transmission networks in Great Britain; UK Gas Transmission, which is the gas transmission network in Great Britain and United Kingdom liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage activities; UK Gas Distribution, which includes approximately four of the eight regional networks of Great Britain’s gas distribution system, and US Regulated, which includes gas distribution networks, electricity distribution networks and high voltage electricity transmission networks in New York, and New England and electricity generation facilities in New York.
Receive News & Ratings for National Grid Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for National Grid and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.