Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded down 3.8% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 10:00 AM ET on February 19th. Litecoin has a total market cap of $9.38 billion and approximately $409.68 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last week, Litecoin has traded 10.8% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Litecoin coin can now be bought for approximately $168.54 or 0.01938670 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including LocalTrade, Upbit, GDAX and Bitstamp.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded down 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0344 or 0.00000395 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0038 or 0.00000044 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded down 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00004150 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 5.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.45 or 0.00005129 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.65 or 0.00007467 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 2.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.48 or 0.00016983 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 61.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00004183 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 4.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.53 or 0.00029125 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 3.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0884 or 0.00001013 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded down 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0986 or 0.00001130 BTC.
Litecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Tidex, Waves Decentralized Exchange, VirtacoinWorld, RippleFox, Trade Satoshi, Altcoin Trader, The Rock Trading, Tripe Dice Exchange, HitBTC, C-CEX, Bitcoin Indonesia, Coinrail, Koinex, BtcTrade.im, WEX, Upbit, Livecoin, Gate.io, BitKonan, Coingi, Bit-Z, Allcoin, Bittylicious, Mercatox, Bitmaszyna, Abucoins, BitFlip, ChaoEX, BitMarket, Cryptox, Bibox, CoinEgg, Bitfinex, OKCoin.cn, Coinone, OpenLedger DEX, Stocks.Exchange, OKEx, Bleutrade, OkCoin Intl., Tux Exchange, Binance, RightBTC, Koinim, BTC-Alpha, GOPAX, FreiExchange, YoBit, Dgtmarket, Bitbank, Coinut, Bitstamp, Bitlish, DSX, TDAX, Qryptos, CoolCoin, Koineks, Bittrex, Liqui, CoinEx, AEX, Coinsquare, TOPBTC, Huobi, Bitinka, Bitsane, Kucoin, Coinbene, Bitso, CryptoBridge, LiteBit.eu, Bisq, Cryptomate, Poloniex, CoinFalcon, BCEX, Kraken, BitGrail, Bits Blockchain, Exrates, BITHOLIC, CoinsBank, BX Thailand, Mercado Bitcoin, Cryptopia, NIX-E, Bit2C, EXX, COSS, BitBay, Negocie Coins, BigONE, Bithumb, Exmo, Coinroom, SouthXchange, Gatecoin, Mr. Exchange, LocalTrade, Braziliex, ZB.COM, GDAX, CoinExchange, BTC Trade UA, QuadrigaCX, Coinhouse, BTC Markets and xBTCe. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Gemini, Changelly or GDAX.
Receive News & Ratings for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Litecoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.