News headlines about Liberty Tax (NASDAQ:TAX) have trended somewhat negative on Wednesday, according to Accern. Accern scores the sentiment of press coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Liberty Tax earned a coverage optimism score of -0.04 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned media coverage about the business services provider an impact score of 43.0976425273862 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the near term.
These are some of the news headlines that may have impacted Accern’s scoring:
- Belleville contractor admits taking big down payments, then doing little or no work (stltoday.com)
- Liberty Oilfield Services Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial and Operational Results (bizjournals.com)
- Liberty Tax Inc (TAX) Receives Average Rating of “Hold” from Analysts (americanbankingnews.com)
- iHeartMedia, Inc. Receives Extension, Bankruptcy Talks to Extend Through Monday (newsblaze.com)
- Form POS EX GCI LIBERTY, INC. (streetinsider.com)
Several equities analysts have recently issued reports on TAX shares. Barrington Research cut Liberty Tax from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating in a research note on Tuesday, February 20th. Zacks Investment Research lowered Liberty Tax from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating in a research report on Friday, February 9th. Finally, ValuEngine lowered Liberty Tax from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating in a research report on Sunday, December 31st.
About Liberty Tax
Liberty Tax, Inc is the holding company for JTH Tax, Inc The Company is a provider of tax preparation services. The Company provides retail federal and state income tax preparation services and related tax settlement products in the United States and Canada. The Company’s tax preparation services and related tax settlement products are offered primarily through franchised locations.
Receive News & Ratings for Liberty Tax Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Liberty Tax and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.